Overview - X4
– Raced over the inspiring Red Bull Defiance course as a team of four –
– Only two team members racing at any one time with other two supporting the team –
– Teams free to choose which team members do each stage –
– Minimum of 2 stages and maximum of 4 stages per competitor –
– Bring your own double or single kayaks to paddle on Lake Wanaka –
– Organisers provide inflatable canoes for paddle down the Clutha River –
– Mystery Team Challenge for all four team members –
– The perfect introduction to Red Bull Defiance or just the best way to spend a weekend with your mates –
X4 takes the existing Red Bull Defiance concept and spreads it over teams of four, with only two people racing at any one time. This allows teams to be tactical in their selection and to sub in and out of their preferred stages.
Spectacular mountain trails, wonderful panoramic backdrops, stunning views, beautiful stage locations and participants from over around the world make this event a unique and unforgettable experience.
From January 19th to 20th 2019, 30 teams will take on the Red Bull Defiance – the most challenging and scenically stunning multisport race in New Zealand.
In 2019, the teams will have to overcome 6 stages, positioned over 2 days. The teams will run, bike, kayak, canoe and complete other adventure activities through the breathtaking alpine landscapes of Wanaka, taking them on a memorable journey around this amazing adventure playground.